1. What is .世界?
.世界 is a new IDN top level domain in Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
2. What does .世界 mean?
.世界 means the world for your business, the world across languages, the world to you, and represents world-class enterprises' brands, the industry where the brand belongs.
3. What is your Chinese IDN policy? Will you block the variants of Chinese characters?
We automatically bundle the simplified and traditional versions of registered domain names. Once a Chinese domain name is registered, all variants associated with this domain names are blocked. If both simplified and traditional versions are requested at the registration time, they will be bundled together and activated. All other mixed variants will be blocked.
4. What's the maximum length of characters allowed?
The maximum length is 63 for ASCII characters or 20 for Chinese characters.
5. What's the minimum length of characters allowed?
Currently, the minimum length is 3 for ASCII characters and 1 for Chinese characters. We may open 1 and 2 ASCII character domain names in the future.
6. What is the difference between a top-level domain (TLD) and a second level domain?
Each part of a domain name is separated by a period, or a "dot." A TLD is the portion of a domain name that sits to the right of the last dot. In www.example.世界, “世界” is the TLD. The second level Domain is the portion of a domain name that sits between "www" and ".世界". In www.example.世界, “example” is the second level domain.
7. Can any one register the domain?
Yes, any one can register the domain.
8. Can the domain being used whatever I want?
No, please carefully read our Acceptable Use Policy
9. Where can I register the domain?
Just go to any of our accredited registrars to register. They're listed here:
10. What languages are supported at the second level of the domain?
Currently, we support both simplified and traditional Chinese in addition to ASCII characters. We will support Korean and Japanese soon.
11. Is Privacy and proxy allowed?
Yes, it's allowed as far as your registrars provide these services.
12. Is there a transfer fee?
No, there is no transfer fee. But a transfer requires a renewal at the same time.
13. What is the registration period?
It is the standard 1 - 10 years.
14. How many domain names can I register?
As many as you want.
15. How do I search for available domain names?
You can use our "who is" search function to search for available domain names. Please go to http://whois.nic.世界 to look for available domain names.